Coverage Map: See where the nation's largest 4G LTE network is available.
Facts about Verizon Wireless' fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network:
- The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network was launched on December 5, 2010.
- Verizon Wireless was the first tier-one wireless provider in the world to build and operate a 4G LTE network.
- The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is the largest commercial 4G LTE network in the nation.
- Our 4G LTE network is available to 287 million people across the country – more than 90 percent of the U.S. population.
- Our 4G LTE network is available in 497 markets across the country. See here for a full list of markets.
- Our 4G LTE network supports a wide variety of 4G LTE-enabled devices ranging from tablets and mobile hotspots to the latest smartphones and more. Visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE to check out the 4G LTE devices for consumers.
Get the latest 4G LTE news releases.
Check out the latest 4G LTE headlines.
For more information on Verizon Wireless 4G LTE:
View a VNR and B-Roll about the 4G LTE network featuring Verizon Wireless executives, technology industry executives, observers and customers discussing the significance of the new technology.
Recent Blog Posts:
5/21/2013: Small Cells: Small, but Valuable Addition to 4G LTE Network
5/20/2013: 4G LTE Keeps the Modern Family Connected
4/19/2013: Small Town in Crisis Gets Network Support
4/18/2013: 4G LTE Continues to Grow and Support Innovation
3/21/2013: 4G LTE: A 2013 Roadmap (update)
4G LTE News Release Archive
1/9/2013: Verizon CEO: Widespread LTE Deployment Enables M2M Communications to ‘Come to Fruition’
1/9/2013: Verizon Looks to LTE Completion, Gigabit FiOS
1/9/2013: CES 2013: Verizon Wireless Pushes LTE Coverage, Looks at Broadcast Option
1/8/2013: Verizon Says LTE Now Touches 89% of the Population
1/8/2013: Verizon’s CEO on 4G LTE’s Potential for Social Good – Announces $10M Award
12/20/2012: Verizon Launches LTE In 29 Additional Markets, Inches Closer To 500 Overall Markets
12/20/2012: Verizon Expands 4G LTE Network To 29 More Markets
12/20/2012: Verizon Activates 29 New 4G LTE Cities, Now Covers 470 Total Markets
12/20/2012: Verizon Responds To AT&T, Adds 29 LTE Markets
12/5/2012: Verizon's 4G LTE Network Turns Two Today, Currently Available to 250 Million Americans