Less Is More: Slimmer enV(2)™ By LG Available Tomorrow At Verizon Wireless
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless, builder and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, today announced the enV(2) by LG will be available on April 30 at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the nation. The new phone, revealed at CTIA WIRELESS 2008, features a sophisticated, slim redesign of the original enV by LG and will also be sold at Circuit City and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
The enV(2) is the perfect handset for on-the-go texters and music and video fans. In addition to its pocket-sized good looks, the phone is available in two sleek finishes – black and maroon. The following features and capabilities are available on the enV(2):
- V CAST Music – access more than three million songs from both well-known and independent artists to download over-the-air and play on the phone
- V CAST Video – download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports and entertainment
- VZ Navigator(SM) – visual and audible directions to a destination, locate businesses and other places in an area, get a map of a location, bookmark favorites and recent searches, and even share locations with others
- Mobile Web-capable – customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Media Center-capable – download games, ringtones, wallpapers and more
- Instant Messaging using AIM®, WL Messenger®, and Yahoo!®
- Mobile Email-capable – access to e-mail services including Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live Mail, AOL, AIM, and Verizon.net accounts; or configure POP3 and IMAP accounts
- Full QWERTY keypad with large-sized external keys
- 2.4” internal screen
- 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder:
- Self-Portrait capabilities and external LCD for self-portraits
- Camera Resolutions: 1600 x 1200 (default), 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240 pixels
- Image Editor – rotate, zoom, crop
- Digital Zoom: zoom varies by image size; camera setting of 1600 x 1200 pixels does not support zoom function
- Video Resolutions: 320 x 240, 176 x 144 (default) pixels
- Video Player for WMV, MP4, 3GP, 3G2 formats
- Music Player for .mp3, .wma, and unprotected .aac and .aac + files
- microSD(TM) memory port with up to 8 GB support – store music, customer generated pictures and video (not all downloaded content may be moved to the microSD card)
- Supported Bluetooth Profiles – compatible with devices that support headset, hands-free*, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution (stereo), phone book access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, human interface and file transfer
- Auto view and Text to Speech, so text messages can be heard aloud
- 1,000 address book contacts with five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a Picture ID for each entry (Picture ID is dependent on photos stored in My Pictures)
- Function Key – customizable for 10 shortcuts
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (Digital Dual-Band)
- Dimensions: 4.00” (h) x 2.13” (w) x 0.65” (d)
- Weight: 4.23 ounces
- Standard Battery: 950 mAh Li-Polymer
- Up to 320 minutes of usage time or up to 520 hours of standby time
- Dual speakers
- TTY/TDD support
- Hearing aid compatible (M3/T3-Rating)
The enV(2) by LG is available tomorrow for $129.99 after a $50 rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
* For Bluetooth vehicle/accessory compatibility, go to www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: High-resolution images of the enV(2) by LG are available at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia).
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.