Verizon Wireless And CASIO G’zOne Introduce The Ravine
Futuristic, Rugged Design Meets Advanced Features
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and NEW YORK — Verizon Wireless and CASIO today announced that the CASIO G’zOne Ravine™ will be coming soon to Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. A high-performance tool for outdoor enthusiasts, the Ravine possesses the dust-, water- and shock-resistant construction native to all G’zOne phones in a new hip form factor. The Ravine is able to withstand the most brutal environments – surfing, skiing, hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing and many other outdoor adventures in between – and it supports Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless’ 3G network for fast two-way communication.
- Rugged design withstands water, dust, shock, vibration, humidity, altitude, salt fog, solar radiation, and high and low temperatures (conforms to MIL-STD-810G)
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder with LED flash
- Text-to-Speech and Voice Dictation for hands-free texting
- Clear Talk noise cancellation for superior sound quality
- Voice recorder
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web
- VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- The CASIO G’zOne Ravine also features advanced G’zGear software to fully embrace the active, adventure-driven lifestyle. With the help of its Triple Sensor technology (direction, acceleration and temperature), G’zGear operates in seven modes for the ultimate outdoor tool.
- G’zGear – Seven pre-installed applications tailor-made for outdoor activities
- Earth Compass – Functions as a standard compass, while the GPS shows the distance and direction to over 33 domestic and international landmarks
- Walking Counter – Measures steps, distance and energy consumption by the user
- Thermometer – Displays current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Tides – Shows the tidal graph for the day, the time of tide ebb and flow, current, past and future sea tide levels, optimal fishing times, GPS displays nearest location
- Sunrise Sunset – Highlights the position of the sun at the current time, sunrise and sunset times for current, past and future dates, sunrise and sunset times for select major cities, as well as the ratio of day to night in numbers and graphs
- Astro Calendar – Illustrates the moon’s face graphically, shows the moon’s age and days until a full or new moon
- Star Gazer – Displays the stars in the sky and names the constellations based on the current season and time using GPS
- The CASIO G’zOne Ravine will be $149.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
Donate for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- During Domestic Violence Awareness Month this October and beyond, customers who purchase a new CASIO G’zOne Ravine can donate their no-longer-used cell phones to HopeLine® from Verizon, which collects wireless phones and accessories and turns them into support for victims of domestic violence.
- Customers can donate their phones at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide or by mail using the postage-paid mailing label available at www.verizonwireless.com/hopelinemailinglabel.
- As another option this month, customers can also take part in Verizon and the National Network to End Domestic Violence’s (NNEDV) “text-to-donate” campaign. Text “HOPE” to 41010 to donate $10 to NNEDV and support victims of domestic violence. HopeLine from Verizon will match donations up to a total of $50,000.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the CASIO G’zOne Ravine in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd. was spun off from NEC Corporation and took over the Mobile Terminal Operations Unit on May 1, 2010. On June 1, 2010 Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. was merged with NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd. The company brings together the many highly competitive technological assets possessed by NEC, CASIO and HITACHI to provide customers with highly innovative and reliable mobile phone products packed with cutting-edge technologies. For more information visit our website at http://www.nec-casio-mobile.com/ or http://casiotoughphones.com/
CASIO and G’zOne are Registered Trademarks of Casio Computer Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries.
Ravine™ is a trademark of Verizon Wireless.