Feel The Zeal With The Samsung Zeal™ From Verizon Wireless
Dual-Hinge Messaging Phone Features E Ink Transforming QWERTY Keypad and Social Beat Application
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced that the Samsung Zeal™, a dual-hinge messaging phone in a unique, flip-style format with an E Ink technology transforming the QWERTY keypad, will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Nov. 11.
Available color: Black
- Dual-hinge form factor with E Ink keyboard that changes based on the user’s needs
- Open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad
- In landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols
- Corporate Email support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
- 2.0 megapixel camera with night and panorama shot, auto focus and camcorder
- Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Social Beat Widget – Offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace™ plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
- VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Skype mobile™ capable
- Mobile Web capable
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (card purchased separately)
- Personal organizer with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Zeal will be available on Nov. 11 for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers can purchase the Samsung Zeal beginning today at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Samsung Zeal in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.