Verizon Wireless Launches Durable Samsung Convoy™ 2
Ruggedized Push to Talk Handset Ready for Adventure
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the rugged Samsung Convoy™ 2 is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. The Convoy 2 is the ideal companion for adventurous customers.
- Meets Military Specifications 810F standards for shock, low pressure (altitude), low and high temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, vibration, sand and dust
- Push to Talk–capable for fast two-way communication
- Copy and paste feature for text entry
- Enhanced apps storefront with shopping cart, recommendations, search features and more
- Mobile Email app to send and receive email with text and picture attachments and search through contacts
- Search contents in calendar, contacts, recent calls, messages, menu and multimedia with the phone search feature
- Social networking feature to update statuses on social networks such as Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter™
- VZ Navigator® capable – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- V CAST Video capable
- Bluetooth® version 2.1 capabilities support for headset (mono and stereo), hands-free, dial-up networking, serial port, object push (vCard and iCalendar only), basic image, basic printing and phonebook access
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging
- HTML Web browser
- Personal organizer with calendar, tip calculator, currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones with noise cancellation technology
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
- 3.2-megapixel camera with flash
Pricing and data plans:
- The Samsung Convoy 2 is available for $79.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any qualifying nationwide voice plan.
- Samsung Convoy 2 customers will be able to try the Mobile Email app for 10 uses at no additional charge. Customers will be given the option to subscribe to Mobile Email for $5 monthly access after the tenth use.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Samsung Convoy 2 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.